Do you love the taste of apple desserts, but don’t have the time, energy, or motivation to pull off a full-blown pie or dumplings? Try apple crisp! All you have to know how to do is peel, measure, stir, and heat up an oven. It’s incredibly delicious, too! Read below for my favorite apple crisp recipe of all time. It’s the one my husband’s grandma makes!
- 4 cups peeled, sliced baking apples
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal (either old-fashioned or quick-oats will work)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package (3.5 ounce) Cook & Serve Butterscotch Pudding Mix (DO NOT use instant!)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheate oven to 350 degrees, Farenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine crisp ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour apple mixture into an ungreased 9″ pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine topping ingredients. Mix until crumbly.
- Sprinkle topping over apple mixture.
- Bake, in preheated oven, for 40-50 minutes, or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Makes 8-9 Servings.
It really is delish! I love it best with a little bit of vanilla ice cream! Enjoy!